Thursday, May 3, 2012
Many people skip breakfast or try to go for somthing low cal low fat, but actually your body needs a high protein food with at least some fat.
Some Great ideas for a healthy breakfast are;
- Chia seed "yogurt /pudding" -1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 cup coconut or almond milk, sweeten with agave or honey and add; organic fruit, a dash of vanilla, (or cocoa almond butter, peanut butter, be creative!)
- 2 organic scrambled eggs with organic asparagus, tomatoes and organic spinach, with a fresh fruit and kale smoothie
- 2 hard boiled eggs, with a high protein granola (to avoid soy protein use regular granola and add plain cooked quinoa) and fresh fruit.
- yerba mate
- almond milk
- organic rice milk
- organic orange juice or even better fresh squeezed!
- pineapple juice
- fruit and yogurt smoothie
- organic coffee
Also, some organic products are expensive, ones that matter most are things with thin skins such as tomatoes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries.. These things or more likely to absorb pesticides through their thin skin. Bananas and oranges, it's not terrible to buy conventional.
Try going Dairy free if you do it right I guarantee you'll lose some weight and feel great!