Why should you make your own oatmeal for breakfast?
- It is heart healthy and helps lower cholesterol
- You can control what ingredients go in
- You can control the sugar and sodium content
- There are no unnecessary chemical additives
- Lower sugar than pre-made oatmeals
- low glycemic index
- It takes almost the same amount of time as pre-made and is much healthier
- It tastes better than store bought oatmeal!
This is a super easy recipe for Apples and cinnamon oatmeal
|Rolled oats calls for 1 cup liquid to 1/2 cup of oats, but read your oat package.|
Pour 1 cup organic rice milk into a small pot and heat on medium high heat, until it starts to boil.
|Measure 1/2 cup of oats, (I plan on using steel cut oats once these run out)|
|Add your oats and stir, and after about a minute...|
|Then add a couple dashes of cinnamon and your dried fruit. Stir.|
|Add a small drizzle (to taste) of maple agave syrup or|