Why you should care about what you clean with?
- Not everyone uses gloves when cleaning, so toxic chemicals even from clorox wipes, seep into your skin.
- Chemicals go into landfills, and seep out going into our water supply.
- And, the chemicals are not good for our earth, or anything on it, (except big business' wallet)
- And finally, It is cheaper to make your own! And simple!
Now, save yourself the trouble, don't throw everything away you were using, you might as well finish it, since its all going to the same place anyway, the landfill.
Let's talk sanitizing wipes. You can keep your old wipe containers, buy a baby wipe container, or use...
I know some people hate the smell of vinegar... So... Pick a citrus that you like to use. Grapefruits, oranges, limes, lemons, clementines. Eat it juice it, whatever. Save all of the peels! cut them into cubes. And put them in a 1 gallon container (I use an old bpa-free apple juice bottle). Pour in vinegar to fill. You should have at least a cup of chopped peels for this. Let it sit, in a cool dry place for a few weeks. And wa-lah! beautiful smelling citrus vinegar! Just strain out peels, and use.
- cut a roll of heavy duty paper towels in half, tube and all. Or.. better yet, cut some crappy clothes into 4x4 squares and throw them in the wash after you use them!
- In a bowl stir together, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol, and 1 cup vinegar or citrus vinegar.You can also add a few drops of witch hazel and/or tea tree oil.
- squish your half roll into a container, and evenly pour sanitizing mixture over top.
- Gently pull tube from center, and pull one wipe up from center. And your done!
You can use this in spray bottles for cleaning all surfaces also.
You can make baby wipes, and other wipes, this is a video on how this woman makes her wipes...
Although, she uses junk in her wipes. If your going to make your own wipes, get good, natural products to use.
Forget draino, if you have a clogged sink, pour 1/2 cup of baking soda on your drain, 1 cup vinegar, and then about a half gallon of BOILING water.
ta-dah, no more clogged drain!