If you are gluten free I would recommend a quinoa/corn pasta, or an organic corn pasta.
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- organic sweet onion
- organic garlic
- fresh or frozen organic broccoli
- fresh asparagus (organic if available)
- organic frozen peas
- organic/pesticide free frozen spinach (can also use fresh)
- organic free range chicken broth
- fresh organic basil--about 1 large handul
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- organic oregano
- cleaned and devined raw wild caught shrimp (thawed) >>> you can use cooked shrimp, just warm them do not overcook
- organic whole wheat pasta >rotelle or fusili is best
So I didn't take a million pics along the way for this recipe, Hopefully all my readers have read my prior recipes, or know how to cook...
- Examine your shrimp. Call me crazy, but all the shrimp you buy, that says CLEANED! DEVEINED! READY TO EAT!, ALL LIES. hahaha. So "they" say the shrimp is cleaned, but... it's not!! Take a look at your shrimp. It's a C shape. Take a sharp knife along the belly, the inner part of the C. Make a small slice, make sure there is no vein or poop, slice all the way to the top, a very shallow slice, don't tear the thing apart. Do the same with the outer part of the C. You'll find some lovely stringy stuff and brown poo. Whenever you go to a restaurant, you usually eat this, because they can't be bothered properly cleaning it! Yum! Place cleaned shrimp in a bowl, and rinse with water a few times.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil while you cook everything else.
- Heat some olive oil on medium-low in a non stick cooking pan,or stainless steel. (I like Green pan- no pofa's)
- While you heat your oil, finely chop about half of a medium onion. Toss it into the hot pan.
- While the onion heats up, finely chop about half a head of garlic, like 7 or so cloves. Don't do less. This blog is about amazing recipes, not some baby-kid-stuff-wah-I-don't-like-garlic. If you don't like chunks of garlic use a garlic press/crusher. But use 7 cloves anyway!
- Stir the onion, once it starts to soften add the garlic, stir, cook for a minute or two..
- Now, what comes next all depends on if your using fresh or frozen, and what veggies... It should go like this...
- Add enough chicken broth to coat the bottom of the pan, more as needed.. Add a few squirts of lemon juice.
- Add you fresh or frozen broccoli, cover, and steam for 2-3 minutes. Stir.
- Then add your trimmed asparagus (cut into 2 inch pieces) cover cook for 2 minutes longer.. stir
- add frozen peas , and frozen spinach.. stir and cover. add more chicken broth or oil as needed. Simmer on low, stirring and checking occasionally.
- By now hopefully your water is boiling for the pasta.. salt the water, add a touch of oil, and add your pasta, 2/3 lb or so. Set a timer for 6 min, or test until al dente.
- In a separate small pan, heat some olive oil on medium heat. Add your shrimp. flip half way. When the pasta is almost done, break your shrimp in half with the spatchula. Make sure it is cooked, and white inside. Taste one if you are unsure.
- When the pasta is done, drain, put in a large bowl, add some salt and oil, toss.. dump veggies, liquid and cooked shrimp on top.Toss. Add finely chopped fresh basil, oregano.. And sea salt to taste.