Tuesday, January 15, 2013

No bake vegan chocolate avocado pudding



First off, I would like to say this recipe is definitely not for everyone. Black bean brownies- yes, most people will love it.
 This, is definitely different than your average pudding. I thought it was nice, good flavor, and creamy pudding consistency. My son absolutely loved it. But, I think you can taste the avocado, so if you really hate avocado, you might not like this pudding. 
My boyfriend who hates avocados and mashed potatoes... hasn't tried it yet. I'll post his review tonight. ***So my boyfriend says "not as lumpy as the other one, I guess it's okay.."

So I found this recipe on the cooking channel
The original recipe makes a lot more, I cut it in half, and added peanut butter.
You will need:
  • hemp or chia seeds
  • coconut oil
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • filtered water
  • sea salt
  • vanilla
  • agave syrup or raw honey
  • cocoa powder or raw cacao
  • creamy peanut butter (optional)
  • raw walnuts (optional)
  • FRESH LIME JUICE


Step 1: combine 3/4 cup water, and 1.5 tablespoons of chia seeds in a blender or food processor. Blend

Step 2:Add a little under 1/2 cup agave syrup, and about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Cut avocados in half, remove pits, and spoon out flesh into blender. Discard peels in compost (or use them as bowls!) Cut a lime in half and give it a couple squeezes. Lime or lemon juice is important to protect the avocado from browning.

Step 3: Add 1/2 cup cocoa powder, a few dashes of sea salt, a dash of vanilla extract, and a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter. Blend until creamy and all lumps are well blended.

It comes out like a thick, creamy, luscious, chocolate pudding.
spoon into a cup, bowl, or your avocado peels. Add chopped raw walnuts/pecans or raspberries...


2 comments:

  1. This looks fucking amazing. Lets make it when i'm home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe. I honestly like the chia one better, this one has a hint of avocado... very healthy though, lol

      Delete