***The next day these muffins are much less creamy inside and more muffin-like. I store in an airtight container, at room temp.
- 1 cup unbleached flour, whole wheat flour [or for GLUTEN-FREE use organic rice flour or all purpose gluten free flour]
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon non aluminum baking powder
- a dash of sea salt
- 1 super ripe banana (if you only have a yellow banana, stick the whole thing in a warm oven for a few minutes)
- 3 free range organic eggs
- 1/4 cup sunflower or grape seed oil
- 1 cup organic unsweetened rice milk, or almond milk
- 4 tablespoons honey (optional) I felt like the batter ws too bland, I like tastey things so I add honey!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup berries (i used frozen wild blueberries, I would recommend thawing)
- non Gmo cooking spray (optional) --I use sunflower oil in my misto sprayer, it's awesome
- sliced almonds for topping (optional)
If you don't have a ripe brown banana stick a banana in a warm oven.
|In a large bowl smash and pulverize your banana the best you can. If you over warmed your banana, and it is a hot mess, do not add your eggs yet! You will get banana-scrambled eggs!|
|Add eggs, milk, oil, honey, vanilla.. you know.. whisk/blend together well|
|Slowly add dry ingredients until well mixed, then fold in your berries|
fill muffin cups about half way with mix, and bake for about 20 minutes, more or less. A toothpick should come out clean.
crispy on the outside, slightly creamy in the inside, but not gooey or under-cooked tasting.
The original recipe can be found here