- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup (a littlle less than) organic brown sugar
- 2 cups organic toasted oats
- 3 tablespoons ground flax meal (optional)
- 1 cup all natural crisp rice cereal
- 1 dash of vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons to a handful of natural chocolate chips or dried cranberries
In a small pot on the stove heat coconut oil, honey and sugar. Bring to a low bubbling boil, lower the heat and cook for 2 minutes longer, stirring.
In a medium bowl combine oats flax, and cereal. Pour over the sugar mixture, and stir until well combined.
Let cool for a few minutes, and then fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon mixture into a parchment paper lined pan (about 9x9)
press down, make sure it is one even layer.
top with more wax paper, and place a heavy object(s) on top.
in 3 hours cut your bars and enjoy! To store wrap in bpa free plastic wrap, or wax paper.
do not refrigerate, they will harden